My Collection of Beer Coasters

When traveling, people love to take a memory with them to remind themselves those perfect moments and places. As to me, I love to collect those coasters. Not surprising, right? If the booze does not make me too tipsy, I definitely do not forget to take its coaster!

Every country has its own special and delicious beers which we do not have to chance to taste back in our country. In Turkey, we have Tuborg, Efes, Bomonti, Heineken, Carlsberg kinds of beers. Of course they are selling Hoegaarden etc. but they are too expensive. Damn those taxes. Therefore, when I am traveling, I like to try new kinds of local beers and take their coasters  with me 🙂

Other than experimenting with beers, these coasters offer a perfect way to remember little details. For example, I hardly remember which restaurants or pubs I went since as a tourist you always go in an out. But with those coasters I collect, I can remember my happy moments with happy people in a foreign place!

If you want to make your own collection of beer coaster, I assure you it is quite fun. Plus: they are light and small; good friends for your suitcase. However, do not forget to write the date, place, city and country you picked up or whom you drink with on the back of this coaster, which will make you remember the scene afterwards.

I chose to hang up them on my bedroom wall but you can also create something aesthetic with different shapes in your house or simply make a journal out of them.

Since these little cuties are too easy to lose, be careful with them until you return home. There are still missing coasters in my collection right now but I will find them wherever they are!

And drink responsibly.

giphy

Did you like this idea? Maybe you have your collections of your own that can you can share with me 🙂

Advertisements

25 Comments Add yours

1. I might have to steal this idea! It’s amazing. I’ve been trying to think of something cheap, meaningful, and small enough to take everywhere. You nailed it!

Liked by 1 person

1. Yes! Then, you must definitely steal this and share your collection with us 🙂 Thank you so much Jane!

2. Just Yamini says:

What a collection you have. Something to be envied, of course.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much 🙂 It is actually quite easy!

3. shinandjim says:

Fantastic collection! There are so many local beer mats for you to collect in the UK.

Liked by 1 person

1. When I went to England, I did not have any collection like this. Shame on me. Now, I need to go back 🙂 Thanks for the recommendation!

Liked by 1 person

4. My collection is mostly comprised of eclectic mementos…but somebody gave me this recently…(you may have looked at it already) *laugh* https://achaosfairyrealm.wordpress.com/2016/06/16/matchbook-collection/

Liked by 1 person

1. Matchbook Collection! Is not it a brilliant idea? However, these days we may have a hard time to find matches 🙂 But it seems fun!

Liked by 1 person

1. Luckily, somebody did the work of putting them all together…I think the retro 50s-ish ones are my favs… 🙂

2. Yes, they are unique 🙂

Liked by 1 person

5. Those complimentary matches in a little folder were great but must be almost obselete now. At least beer is not outlawed eh!

6. I used to do this just with places I’d visit in the UK. I’ve never travelled as an adult but it’s always something I’d want to pick up again. It’s a fantastic idea!

Liked by 1 person

1. Actually, “shinandjim” told that UK is the place to do this above! Now, you have to get up and start to collect some beer coasters! A reason to travel 🙂

7. Mozer G. says:

great idea! you’re pictures are magnificent. beautiful. love the blog…

1. Tugba B. says:

8. arv! says:

Now beer coasters sound interesting! Great post

1. Tugba B. says:

I am glad you liked the idea!

1. arv! says:

🙂 …
        Which country you’re from.

9. Hi, When I first travelled to the UK I collected beer mats as they were easy to pack and when I returned home displayed them on a large poster. On recent trips to Europe I started again but haven’t been quite as organised. I have always bar staff happy to give them to me. One girl in Salisbury in England even gave me two bar towels. And of course trying the beers is half the fun. Cheers, Mark

1. Tugba B. says:

They are great right, Mark? It can be difficult to remember collecting them when you had too much beer, though. Last week, in a bar in Enschede, the bartender saw me taking one and gave me one of their special coasters of the bar! It made drunk-me quite happy. Cheers.

10. Love this post (it’s beer related!). I have an entire box full of these waiting for inspiration… New coasters must simply be taken when drinking and traveling. Sometimes the beer glass too, but only if I ask the bartender first (except for one time in Salzburg, but that’s another story…).

1. Tugba B. says:

Thank you so much 🙂 Lucky you, you can decorate your whole wall with coasters! And yes, beer glasses are very tempting to collect…

11. CKYL says:

This is a great idea!
    I personally tear off and collect the labels from beer bottles, and paste them in a scrap book for memories’ sake. The problem is sometimes they are hard to tear off and you have to take care when doing it – another obvious problem is I’ll get drunk when I try the many different local beers at one go.
    So what is your favorite beer?

12. Just Yamini says:

The collection is gorgeous.

Cheers